I recently discovered this gem of a recipe… just can’t remember where. I do know, everything tastes better with bacon!
What you need:
- 2+/- pound pork tenderloin
- 12 oz thick sliced bacon, smoked if you like
- Salt and Pepper
What to do:
Preheat oven to 375F.
- Trim tenderloin of silver skin
- Wrap with bacon slices, overlapping bacon; depending on the tenderloin, this should take 8-12 or slices of bacon
- Truss tenderloin and bacon with string, to keep bacon attached to tenderloin
- Brown wrapped tenderloin, about 5 minutes on each side, in a hot cast iron skillet
- Insert meat thermometer, place tenderloin on baking rack, and place in oven
- Bake till thermometer reads 165f. Allow about 30 minutes for baking.
- Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes. Slice and serve.